Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lissie's Birth Story - by Lissie

I wasn't quite ready to make my appearance into the world when I did - I still had one more week left in my reservation at Mommy's utero-hotel! I should have known, though, that something was up when Mommy didn't settle down to get her rest the night of March 8th. She was very active and kept talking to Daddy, so I wasn't able to get much sleep myself.

Then things got even more strange when I realized that we were getting up super early! I could hear lots of voices - including Lolo and Lola's, plus lots of other people who I couldn't recognize. Around 7:30am, there was a whole lot more commotion, and I started to get very scared because I didn't know what was going on at all.

At 7:56am, I found myself being lifted out of Mommy's womb, and I realized that this was it! I'm born! I was so excited, I couldn't stop crying! They let me see Mommy for a second before taking me to the other side of the room to make sure I was okay. I didn't mind these tests because Daddy was with me the entire time. I noticed that Daddy was crying, so I kept crying, too. I think we were both just super excited to finally meet each other face-to-face!

In no time at all, they let Mommy hold me for the first time, and we were all together for the first time as a family! We even got our first family photo taken! I was so happy!




I was able to stay with Mommy as she recovered, and we took the time getting to know each other. I was still getting used to my voice, so I couldn't stop crying! It was also here that I met my Lola Poy - Mommy's Mommy- for the first time, too!

After a few hours, we were taken to our hospital room where I met my two Lolos - Ernie and Romy. Everyone was so happy, and again there were lots and lots of photos.





I had my first bath - not a fun experience - and slept a lot. It was a very exhausting day!

I had some trouble getting used to night time, and so I stayed up a lot and cried. I think it frustrated Mommy and Daddy, but we're all learning how to please each other!

While I was there, we had lots of visitors and received pretty flowers. We finally got to leave on Saturday, after a few days of making sure me and Mommy were both okay. Now I'm adjusting to life at home and having so much fun taking the whole world in one day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Two + Two = Us | Blogger Template by Enny Law