Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My First Easter

Mommy's been preparing me for Easter for several weeks. She's been reading the Easter story to me and telling me everything that happened during Holy Week. She even took me to the Tabernacle on Holy Thursday so I can adore Jesus while she and Daddy went to Reconciliation. Mommy wanted to also take me to Holy Thursday Mass and Good Friday services but was afraid that I wasn't ready for it, so we didn't go.

But, wow - I loved the Easter Mass! The trumpets and the music were amazing! I was quietly taking in all of the sights and sounds until I got sleepy and slept through the rest of it. Mommy and Daddy were so proud of me because I have previously gotten into the habit of fussing during church, but this Mass was different so I tried really hard not to be hungry or get dirty!

Before Mass, Mommy and Daddy took family photos in the courtyard outside of the church. We haven't taken a decent family picture since I have been born because I haven't mastered the art of taking good pictures. Here's what I mean:






I was even having a hard time taking pictures with Daddy. If only he didn't try to kiss me - eww!





After Mass, Mommy and I (Daddy had to work) had Easter brunch with Lolo and Lola at Lorraine's restaurant inside the Cool Springs Marriott. They thought it was delicious. I wouldn't know because I napped the whole time. I did, though, get the obligatory creepy Easter Bunny picture:



We then went to Lolo and Lola's house to hang out, watch the Preds victory, and eat Easter Dinner.




By the end of the night, I was wiped! Hope your Easter was as wonderful as mine was!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Two + Two = Us | Blogger Template by Enny Law