Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Baptism (Lissie's Version)

Things had been a little different for a few days leading up to my baptism. Mommy and Daddy were busy doing things around the house...and we were also spending a lot of time at Lolo and Lola's.

There were lots of people, too. Mommy said that they were part of my family - relatives from Michigan and aunties from Alabama were all here for the weekend. And they were all VERY excited to see me and hold me. It was a little scary being around so many people, and I cried a little. But I have to admit, it was nice to feel so loved.

Some of my relatives (Mommy's cousins) even stayed over at my house! This meant that Rupert and I had a sleepover in Mommy and Daddy's room. It was so much fun sleeping up there - I wish I could do it more often!

On Saturday, everyone was awake kinda early..and all dressed up, too. It was weird, though, because I wasn't all dressed up - I was still wearing my play clothes. (I later found out that this was because Mommy was afraid I would mess up my pretty, white dress.)

We all piled in the cars, and I immediately recognized where we were headed: the same place Mommy takes me every First Friday! I like it here because there are lots of colorful windows for me to look at.

But before we went into that pretty room, we stopped in another room where everyone was oohing and ahhing and either changing me or taking pictures of me:



They even made me wear this weird thing on my head:


And these funny things on my feet:


All of these things made me so scared, plus I was getting really hot in my outfit, that I couldn't stop crying.

That's when Mommy and Daddy walked me over to another room that had a beautiful gold box, and whispered to me that this was a very special day and that what was about to happen would be their greatest gift that they will ever give me. I got so excited, that I stopped crying. Plus Mommy was singing one of my favorite songs: "Jesus Loves the Little Children."

We walked to the pretty room with the colorful windows, and I was the center of attention again! So naturally I started to fuss. What finally calmed me down was when Mommy started to walk me around the room to see everyone. They all were smiling and touching my forehead, so I stopped crying and smiled back:


I was little confused when they tried to give me a bath with my clothes on:


But it turns out they just wanted to wet my hair, so I didn't really mind.

The whole thing didn't last very long, and we took lots of pictures when it was over:



Mommy told me that I now have godparents:


So I gave them a gift:


I even made a special friend:


Afterwards, I was sooo tired from such a busy morning:


Everyone congratulated me on officially becoming a Christian and a Catholic. I can't wait to learn what that means!

1 comment:

  1. Those tiny shoes were amazingly cute! I never thought look for shoes for when our little one was baptized and I wish I had!

    ReplyDelete

© Two + Two = Us | Blogger Template by Enny Law