Monday, August 1, 2016

Lissie's Busy May



May is typically a busy time of year for any kid, what with the rapid winding down of the school year and all of the fun end-of-year activities that come with it.

For Lissie, May was super busy for the same reason.  One particular week, though, was extra chaotic and crazy with the hustle and bustle of both her pre-K graduation, her first ballet recital (and dress rehearsal prior), on top of Daddy's birthday thrown into the mix.

It's still hard for me to believe that Lissie graduated from pre-K and that she will be a super big kindergartener in the fall.  No longer will she be just across the hall from me in her preschool.  Popping in to say hello or simply to peek in to see how she's doing will be a thing of the past.  I've seen her grow leaps and bounds while she's been at school - she's come out of her shy shell more and more and she has become so sweet and kind and has learned an incredible amount in such a short time.  I know she's ready for kindergarten and all that it entails. I also know that it will be hard for me to let go.

Surprisingly, I didn't cry at her graduation, although I probably would have if I wasn't distracted by how thrilled she was to be up there with all of her sweet friends.  I love that her class was not only so small but had all girls, and they all became such great friends.



Getting her diploma from Ms. Kelly
Performing her song.
Best Friends
Ms. Nicki had Lissie for two years,
and she gave her the most thoughtful medallion
that was absolutely perfect for Lissie. 

We're so lucky that Ms. Danielle goes to our pool -
Lissie is thrilled to still be able to see her teacher
throughout the summer!





And, oh my.  Ballet.  I was never into dance, so I wasn't ever intending for Lissie to take it.  But she had begged me for a while, so I signed up for a giveaway for free dance classes last summer.  I won them, and she loves them.  I was surprised since she didn't know anyone at first, and she was so shy in the beginning.  But, boy, did she come into her own throughout the year.  In fact, even I was shocked by her commanding stage presence and sheer glee of being in front of a crowd!  It was awesome to watch, and you can bet she wants to do it again in the fall!










After her recital, we celebrated with a family meal at Loveless Cafe.  Yum!





Congrats on everything, Lissie!  You never cease to amaze me.  As much as I'm going to miss you when you start kindergarten in the fall, I have no doubt that you are going to do some pretty incredible things with yourself, and I can't wait to watch!



No comments:

Post a Comment

© Two + Two = Us | Blogger Template by Enny Law