Saturday, October 2, 2010

Baby's Birthday Present...and Amanda's Wedding Weekend

One of the perks at my work is that on your birthday you get to wear jeans. So, on the morning of Wednesday, September 22nd, I happily put on a pair of jeans...mind you the same pair that I wore over the weekend, so they were bound to fit.

Except they didn't.

I could not button them up for the life of me. I even weighed myself and didn't see any change in the scale, so I kept trying.

Alas, I had no choice but to do the inevitable.

I had to whip out the BeBand (a subtle-looking maternity band that you can put over your unbuttoned pants that helps keep them up) for the first time...ironically, of all days, on my 30th birthday.

And, I was okay with that. I like to think that little Baby Y just wanted to wish me a happy birthday in a way only Baby Y can :-)

But as the day wore on, I thought - hmm, if my jeans didn't fit, I wonder if that bridesmaid's dress that I just got altered a few weeks ago for Amanda's wedding THIS WEEKEND will fit?

And, luckily, I tried it on because an emergency alteration was needed...and I was good to go for Saturday!

-------

So, yes, my best friend got married on September 25th, and I was blessed with the honor of being her Matron of Honor.

Her wedding weekend was such a blast, especially since my dress actually fit! Baby Y and I happily stood by her side as she said her vows to Matt and partied with her at the reception (we even survived Justin dropping us as we tried to do a dip on the dance floor) until Baby Y got worn out from a busy day of wedding festivities!







Congratulations, Amanda & Matt!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

© Two + Two = Us | Blogger Template by Enny Law