Monday, December 29, 2014

Run Run Run 2014 Recap.




As 2014 draws to a close, I'm thinking about my Run Run Run challenge that I made myself for the year.

My initial goal was to log 30 miles a month, but I quickly doubled that - logging more than 70 miles a month towards the latter part of the year.  The grand total?  736.8 miles run so far this year!  The best part about running so much is that I - mostly unintentionally - somehow managed to sneak back down to not just pre-pregnancy weight, but pre-wedding weight as well!

We bought a double jogger back in March, and that helped tremendously.  It was a fabulous workout (those kids are HEAVY!), and we could run somewhere that ended up at a playground so everyone got their exercise!



I actually didn't run many races this year.  In fact, my races were few and far between.  I only did the Predators 5K in February, the Firecracker 5K in July, and the big Ragnar Relay in October.

So what's my goal for 2015?  I plan to continue logging my miles, but this time with a full marathon on the schedule in April and a repeat Ragnar Relay in October.  And, probably a half marathon or two thrown in there for good measure and training.

My friend and race partner unexpectedly passed away last week on Christmas Eve. We had run countless 5Ks (including a 5K a month in 2012), my three half marathons of 2013, and the Ragnar Relay together.  I miss her greatly, and I am devoting all of my runs in 2015 to her memory.



So if I could run 736.8 miles this year, do you think I can run 900 miles in 2015?  I think I'm gonna try.....

Oh, and the best part about me staying healthy?  I'm being a positive example for my children.  Lissie loves to run with me, and she says that when she grows up she wants to be a "cooker and a runner."  Xavier just likes to run.  That is, when he's not being lazy.  Haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment

© Two + Two = Us | Blogger Template by Enny Law