Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Lissie's Pal, Jesus

Tomorrow Lissie will be 22 months old. Two months shy of two.

As is typical of this age, she loves to play pretend and mimic things she sees. She adores her dolls and stuffed animals, and it's not uncommon for me to find Elmo staring at me from her doll stroller or see Minnie Mouse in Xavier's car seat.

But, lately, her "doll" of choice is Jesus.

I keep a small wooden crucifix on my nightstand. About a month ago, around the time when I was teaching Lissie the story of Christmas, she found it. I explained that it was Jesus, and ever since then, Jesus has been found everywhere. First, I found him in Xavier's crib (in what I can only imagine was her attempt at giving Jesus a comfortable bed to lay in instead of a lowly manger). Sometimes he'd be on my pillow.

She even took care to make sure he was fed.

After a couple of weeks, Jesus had been picked up and carried and dropped so many times, that he came loose from the cross. And the tiny metallic figure has become her best friend. She constantly kisses and hugs him. When I'm not looking, she places him in Xavier's Bumbo or swing. Yesterday, while I gave Xavier a bath, she thought that Jesus needed one, too.

And it's cute. And probably a little odd.

But, I suppose, it's nice to know that she befriended our Savior.

1 comment:

  1. Too stinking cute!
    When he was little my brother asked for a "God doll" for Christmas (it turns out that meant a crucifix!)

    ReplyDelete

© Two + Two = Us | Blogger Template by Enny Law