Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Happy Five Years


A brief recap of the past five years:

June 20, 2009: Wedding weekend with a fabulous honeymoon to Cabo immediately following.  Justin then began his pharmacy career while I continued teaching second grade at a fantastic school.

Jet-skiing in Cabo
June 20, 2010: Celebrated our first year of wedded bliss with a weeklong Alaskan cruise.  Shortly thereafter I discovered I was pregnant with our first child.

Ah, Alaska.  When can we meet again?
June 20, 2011: We celebrated our second year of matrimony in a much lower-key fashion because we had a three-month old in tow!  I had also ended my teaching career temporarily so I can care for sweet Lissie full time.

Cheesecake Factory
June 20, 2012: We celebrated our third anniversary with friends at Cheekwood before Justin and I left for a weekend getaway.  And just a few days later, our second child was born 2 and a half months too soon.

Last getaway before X's arrival!
June 20, 2013: Sadly, I don't quite remember how we celebrated last year.  I think it was overshadowed by Xavier's first birthday party.  I wouldn't be surprised if all subsequent anniversaries get lost in the shuffle due to the closeness to Xavier's birthday, haha.

And June 20, 2014: We celebrated a few weeks early with a quiet weekend getaway to Fairfield Glade, where we hiked, wined, and ate well.  We also lucked out that both my mom and Justin were off on our actual anniversary, so we dropped the kids off at Lola's and enjoyed some "us" time with a movie, drinks, and dinner before heading home to prepare for Xavier's birthday party which was the next day.

Drinks at Drake's!
But, wow.  Five years.  It definitely feels like yesterday when we did this:



We're still having the Time of our Lives.  Looking forward to what's to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Two + Two = Us | Blogger Template by Enny Law