Monday, October 10, 2016

Happy 36



A few weeks ago, I turned 36.  It's funny because for most of the time that I was actually 35, I would forget and think that I was already 36.  But now I really am.  Getting older and older and inching closer and closer to the big 4-0.  

I recently went to a high school football game, and man those kids looked so young!  And yet it seems like just yesterday that I was the one in the student stands cheering on my team.  I went to college about a minute ago, got married about a split second ago, and my two kids are still teeny babies.

But, alas, life is a constantly moving entity and the older I get, the faster it seems to move.

And, because my birthdays all seem to run together nowadays, I thought I'd blog about it so I wouldn't forget.

My 36th birthday was the lowest of the low in terms of keys, and it was just what I wanted.  I came downstairs to some beautiful bouquets of flowers and handmade cards from the kids, as well as a few books that had been on my wish list for a while.

Justin made me and the kids breakfast before we went off to school.   One of my students made cupcakes for snack (it also helped that our letter that week was "C").  We had noodles (symbolizing long life) for dinner in the form of simple spaghetti.  And, per tradition, an ice cream cake for dessert.

Since Justin was working the night of my actual birthday, we celebrated the weekend afterwards with a movie date night.  We also went out to brunch with the family, including my parents.

I'm surrounded by love.  I enjoy my work.  Happy 36 to me.  Yes, indeed.

Now here's to many many more!


No comments:

Post a Comment

© Two + Two = Us | Blogger Template by Enny Law