Thursday, October 11, 2018

Summer 2018 - a belated recap

Summer is the best.  No rush to do anything.  Lazy days in the hot sun at the pool reading all.of.the.books.  Binge-watching TV shows that I hadn't been able to watch over the school year. 

Wait.  That was pre-kids. 

Summer post-kids is a lot more crazy.  Who knew how many kinds of camps there are and "must-dos" out there?  And their bucket list was a mile long. 




The kids came with me for a couple of weeks to Camp CDS, where I had fun teaching the Monkey Class.  I didn't snap some pics, but they had fun eating snow cones from the Kona Ice truck and watching an animal show from the traveling Nashville Zoo while they were there. 

They also did a week of Vacation Bible School and a week of Totus Tuus - both super cheap and amazingly awesome.  I would recommend Totus Tuus to anyone who listens, as I am still very impressed with all they had learned during this program!


They also did two rounds of Camp Widjiwagan - one of which was Ranch Camp for Lissie.  (I had originally signed them up for just one week but after realizing I was switching grades in the fall, I knew I needed time in the classroom to get fully prepared for the new school year - and you just can't do that adequately with two kids in tow.)  I love how they love Widji, and I love how both of the kids earned the cherished "widji coin" for their camping leadership awesomeness.






We took a few road trips - an overnight trip to Memphis to visit the (incredible) zoo, IKEA, and our favorite sushi restaurant; another day trip to Memphis to actually buy the items I wanted from IKEA (long story, haha); a trip to go on a waterfall hike.






Sushi buffet on our second trip to Memphis, haha.



Between all of the weeks of camp, our Disney vacation and other road trips, lazy time spent lounging at the pool wasn't as often as I would've liked, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  



Other random summer pics:

Found the time to get in a good trail hike/run
Checking off bowling from the bucket list.
Downtown date night!  
First Friday - Mass and Art Crawl

Xavier became a chef - creating his own concoction that he named Chickabooleh
 
Girl's Day Out: seeing Waitress with mom

Then having a craving for pie, so we had it for dinner.

Lolo and Lola took the kids to their parish picnic, where X caught a fish

The summer of Beverly Cleary

A trip to the Nashville "beach"


He better love his teacher, seeing as his teacher is me!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Two + Two = Us | Blogger Template by Enny Law