Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Dear Lissie - Six Months


Dear Lissie,

I apologize for being a few days late in my letter, but as you know we went on a family trip during your six month birthday and blogging just wasn't going to happen!

But, sheesh. I never knew that half a year could fly by so quickly.

I also never knew that someone so little could accomplish so much in six amazing short months! Here's what happened this month alone:

* You've turned into a rolling machine! You rarely stay on your activity mat anymore, and Daddy and I had to invest in a foam alphabet mat so that you won't hit your sweet head on our tough hardwood floors. Your mobility, though, made being diaper-less this past week (a recommendation by your pediatrician after you developed a nasty rash ) an extra interesting experience!

* You're also a talented sitter! I still get nervous and stay super close in case you topple over, but you've gotten the art of sitting down pat. I read somewhere that this means that crawling is next. Oh, dear - time to invest in those baby gates....

* You are a social butterfly! Somehow you manage to have some sort of activity planned every day...whether it be a playgroup, a playdate, storytime at the library, or a walk in the park in your stroller with your friends! I've had to add a special family calendar app on my phone to keep track of your schedule, haha.

And, of course, some of my favorite pics of this month:


You can sit up, empty out your toys, AND play the drums using your toy basket.


Relaxing in the park swing.


Sporting your new leg warmers with Olivia the Owl.


Tired after an exhausting workout in your jumparoo.


Tired after an exhausting jog in the park.

Oh, Lissie. You are too much. But we love you. So, so much. Seriously, though, slow down with the growing up okay?

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Two + Two = Us | Blogger Template by Enny Law