Saturday, September 24, 2011

thirty-one

I love birthdays.

This past week, I turned 31. I am now officially IN my 30s. I just looked back at my blog post about my 30th birthday, and realized just what a difference a year makes.

I spent the first six months of my thirtieth year pregnant with Lissie, and I spent the latter half of it enjoying the wonders of motherhood. And, of course, I wouldn't have it any other way.

As per tradition, my birthday spilled over into the entire week. On Saturday, Justin and I enjoyed a night without Lissie, watching a movie of my choosing ("The Help") and a tasty dinner at Whitfield's. Justin also decided to take my actual birthday off from work so we can celebrate as a family, going to storytime at the library, Mass at the Cathedral, a lovely picnic lunch at the park, a trip downtown so I could pick up my race packet and grab a beer along the way, and he cooked me the tastiest lo mein for dinner so I could get my noodles in to ensure a long life (a Filipino custom). Oh, and Sweet Cece's froyo for dessert :-) On Friday, I celebrated with my parents and Lissie as we went out to a pre-half-marathon Italian dinner at Amerigo's before I dropped the babe off at their house so I can get my much needed rest before my big run.

So far, the start to my thirty-first year is looking good. I can't wait to see what's in store for the rest of it.


Dinner at Whitfield's


At Red Caboose Park



Enjoying a beer on my birthday, while Lissie enjoys Sophie.


On "The Bridge" with the Nashville skyline in the background.


Lissie hated Centennial Park. Haha.


Justin's lo mein, paired with Lemongrass's sushi and summer rolls.

Happy birthday to me! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Two + Two = Us | Blogger Template by Enny Law