Thursday, February 9, 2012

Dear Lissie - Eleven Months


Dear Lissie,

I've probably cried a handful of times now that your first birthday is looming just around the corner. I cried watching Grey's Anatomy when they celebrated Zola's first birthday because I couldn't believe we'll be doing that for you soon. I cried thinking about all of your newborn clothes and how that all seems like eons ago that they fit you. I cried when you put on your first 12-month outfit. I cried when I got a really good look at you and saw more of a toddler than a baby. Daddy rolls his eyes and blames my current pregnancy for my crazy emotional state, but I think it's more because it's so hard to believe that you're growing up so fast right before my eyes.

And, yes, you're going to be a big sister. And I know you're gonna be a darn good one, too. I'm so excited that you're still going to be young enough that you won't really remember life without your baby sibling, yet you will be old enough to understand - even on a superficial level - what is going on and be a helper to mommy.

This was a big month for you. You've started crawling, pulling yourself up on things, peeking into our cabinets, and standing for a few seconds all on your own. Toddlerhood is seriously just around the corner.

I love you!

Love,

Mommy


This is how you greet me in the mornings now.


You love staying at Lola's because she spoils you like crazy.


We may not have had snow, but being able to play at the park in January can't be beat!


High five for daddy!


Cheering Mommy on after her rainy Predators 5K!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Two + Two = Us | Blogger Template by Enny Law