Sunday, September 9, 2012

Dear Lissie - A Year and a Half

Dear Lissie,

18 months already?!? It's hard to believe that you're now inching closer to two than you were to one. I've even started doing some research in where we can have your second birthday party. It's not too early to start planning, right?

In the last six months, you have grown so much. Daddy and I can't believe how much of a "kid" you are, and how the "baby" in you is starting to fade away.

You toddle around all over the place and are curious about everything. Your vocabulary has increased, and you understand a lot more than we want to believe. And you've become a wonderful big sister and an excellent mommy's helper.

In fact, when Lola was taking care of you and your brother yesterday, she had to tend to a fussing Xavier. You tugged on her pants, and Lola was going to tell you to wait and be patient, until she looked down and saw that you were holding up one of Xavier's diapers as if to say, "Here - this might help him stop crying." It made my heart melt to hear that you wanted to help your Lola and brother.

I'll admit that I was worried when we brought Xavier home a few weeks ago because I didn't know how you would react to the new baby. Especially since your reaction when we placed him in the car seat next to you was less than thrilled.

But I couldn't have asked for anything better. You've been so good to him and patient with me. Sure, when you were sick last week you wanted my attention a little bit more, but overall, you seem to really understand what it means to be a good big sister. Thank you, sweet girl, for being so caring.

I am truly blessed to be able to stay at home to watch you grow, learn, and discover. You can identify several body parts. You love to pretend play. You enjoy coloring and playing with play-do. You love building things with your blocks and then making them go "boom." You've mastered your shape sorter and stacking toys.

Happy half birthday. I can't wait to see what you're going to be up to next. I love you so much.

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Two + Two = Us | Blogger Template by Enny Law