Saturday, March 9, 2013

Dear Lissie - Two Years


Dear Lissie,

I'm writing this with mixed emotions. On the one hand, I am so excited that you're two and growing and developing well. But on the other hand, I just can't believe my little baby is gone. I look at your newborn pictures, and I can't even recognize that baby anymore. They say that time flies when you have kids, but you really don't understand it until it happens.

I look back on just this past year, and so much has changed in just 12 months. You're walking. You're talking. Your personality is blossoming. And, of course, you're a big sister.

Sure, you have your moments - we are headed straight for those terrible twos, after all - but, in general, you are just the sweetest, silliest, shyest little girl. Much to daddy's chagrin, you are most definitely a mama's girl. It takes you a while to open up to anyone, but when you do, you're the life of the party. You're very cautious and are quite the perfectionist. You get very frustrated with yourself when you can't get things right, but you are so independent that you don't want any help.

Some of your likes:
* Dora the Explorer
* Elmo
* Swinging at the park
* Cooking - whether real or pretend
* Jesus
* Playing with dolls
* Lego Duplos and any other type of building block
* Music
* Ring around the Rosie
* Eating.
* Lolo Ernie
* Reading

Some of your dislikes:
* Unsweetened almond milk. (Who would've guessed?)
* New people and places
* When Lolo and Lola go on vacation (it took you forever to warm up to them again)
* Going to church (which is weird since you adore Jesus)
* The Adventure Science Center (I guess we'll hold off on that membership)

You definitely make my day brighter. You show me the world through your eyes, and it makes me smile. There's so much left for you to learn, but at the same time there's so much that you've already taught me.

I love you,

Love,
Mommy

Here are some of my favorite Lissie pics of this past year (in no particular order at all):

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Two + Two = Us | Blogger Template by Enny Law