Friday, July 30, 2010

Telling the Parents over Baby Back Ribs...Get It?

The original plan was to have Baby Y a secret between me and Justin (and Amanda - See here) until we move on in to the safety of the Second Trimester. Yes, that meant keeping it a secret from my parents....including MY MOM.

After just a few weeks of keeping mum from Mom (ha!), I already had to avoid a straight "Are you pregnant?" question...not to mention the feeling of guilt of not telling her the good news.

Our original rationale was that our parents would be so super excited that they wouldn't be able to keep it a secret. Plus my mom has been hinting for grandchildren since even before we got married. You don't believe me? Here are a few examples: on my 29th birthday, her card said something about how I'm getting old and need to make babies. Oh, and not to mention the e-mail forward I received about how a woman's eggs go bad after they turn 30. Yikes.

But after seeing the first ultrasound, we figured - eh, why not? They'd get a kick out of it, and I can finally talk to them about all of the questions about pregnancy and child-rearing that I have no clue about.

So we invited the 'rents over for Sunday dinner of Baby Back Ribs (haha...I didn't even realize the pun until after I made my menu) and other Summer Goodies. As we sat down at the table, Justin took a picture of everyone and said those magic words: "Smile and say.....she's pregnant!" and the pictures were priceless.





Apparently, my parents already had an inkling that we were announcing something...but as you can see, they were all quite pleased with the news.

After our meal, Justin and I presented them with picture frames that said "Grandpa & Me" and Grandma & Me" with the inside saying "Picture to Come Around March 17, 2011." They were thrilled.







It is now slightly more tolerable to wait until September to tell everyone else the good news.

1 comment:

© Two + Two = Us | Blogger Template by Enny Law