Friday, July 15, 2011

Offer It Up

DISCLAIMER: May be too much info for some people.

Next week, I'll be having surgery to remove four (benign) fibroids that have made their way into my uterus.

Oftentimes these fibroids (which we first found when I had an ultrasound when I was pregnant with Lissie) can stay right where they are. However, the positioning of mine, as well as the fact that they are relatively large and still growing, is of concern to my doctor. Should (God-willing) I become pregnant again, these fibroids pose an increased risk of major complications such as miscarriage or pre-term labor. (Apparently, it was a bigger blessing than I realized that my pregnancy with Lissie was so easy.)

Robotic Laparoscopic Myomectomy (click link for more info) just happens to be my OB's specialty, and women travel the country to have this surgery performed by her. So, I know I'm in good hands. It's also an outpatient procedure, and I should be fully recovered (and back to running!) after a week or two.

Still, after getting the pre-op paperwork the other day, I started to get a little scared, nervous, and anxious about it all. I just keep telling myself that this is for my family, and I should just say my prayers, count my blessings, and offer it up to God.

A few more prayers wouldn't hurt, though. So if you're reading this and wouldn't mind keeping me and my family in your thoughts next Thursday, July 21st, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sts. Cosmas and Damian (patron saint of surgeons), pray for us!
St. Luke (another patron saint of surgeons), pray for us!
St. Monica (patron saint of women and mothers), pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Two + Two = Us | Blogger Template by Enny Law