Monday, July 25, 2011

Sweet Recovery

Thanks to everyone's prayers and thoughts, my surgery went well and my recovery has been smooth sailing!

I received a call from my doc today who informed me that the pathology report showed that the four fibroids were indeed benign. I just need to go in for a yearly ultrasound just to make sure new ones didn't grow. Yay!

We arrived at the hospital bright and early, which reminded both me and Justin of the day that Lissie was born. The feelings were more anxious and nervous this time around, though. I think that back in March, just knowing a baby was leaving my ginormous pregnant body made the fact that I was actually going to get cut open a little bit more tolerable.

Here's a pic of me pre-surgery, wearing the cool hospital gown. I guess going to a Women's Hospital has its perks or something.


After the surgery, I was feeling remarkably well and surprised Justin and my parents by being in good spirits when I came home that afternoon. I even quipped that I was feeling well enough to go back to running the next day.

I didn't, of course, and I even heeded my doctor's orders to not pick up and carry Lissie for three days following surgery. While it was tough to just sit on the sidelines and watch Justin take over sole parenting duties, I'll have to admit that it helped my recovery - not just because I was able to get my rest, but because I got a good chuckle watching Justin figure out what to do. It's not like Justin hasn't helped out all along, it's just that I've also been around to help in any way. So when he was trying to figure out how to get himself, Lissie, and the diaper bag ready for their first solo outing, I was very much amused. It was almost as amusing as when Justin wanted to know what he was supposed to do with Lissie for the three hours that follow each feeding.

They did, though, get some good daddy/daughter bonding time in, as can be seen here:



I even ventured out of the house to go to Mass and to a Filipino Baby Picnic, with me and a few other friends who also had March-born (at least partly) Filipino babies. Seeing all of the cuteness definitely aided in the recovery process!




The best, though, was finally being able to hold my daughter...both at the park, and back at home when we were both wiped out after a busy day:



I'm even surviving my first day back as being sole care-taker of Lissie, as Justin headed back to work this afternoon.

Thanks to Justin and my parents, for helping take care of me, Lissie, and Rupert. Recovery wouldn't have been this painless and easy without you!

And thanks again for all those prayers. I am most definitely blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Cuteness overload! I'm so glad your surgery went well and that you're fully recovered!

    ReplyDelete

© Two + Two = Us | Blogger Template by Enny Law