Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Year End Recap and My 2020 Word of the Year

Image result for 2019 to 2020 images

Well, we did it!  Just a few more hours left in 2019, and we're getting ready to ring in not just a new year - but a new decade!  This year, the kids are determined to stay up until midnight to ring in the new year.  Last year they fell asleep at 11:50, so we'll see.  So far, we've spent the day riding bikes, making an elaborate feast (braised short ribs, brussels sprouts, lobster and shrimp pasta) and ginataan, playing games, and watching movies.  We'll see how long they last!

I tried my hand at a Word of the Year in 2019, and it really helped me stay focused on what I wanted to achieve.  My word was Memories, and I really do feel that I had done my best in creating a year full of moments to remember.

Our big Christmas gift of 2018 was in the form of monthly letters that included family experiences - some big, some small - for us to enjoy.  My kids loved them all so much that they begged us to do it again next year....something that I gladly obliged!  

Here are some of our "big" family moments of the year (with a link to the corresponding post):

August and September: Atlanta trip and camping
October and November: Gulf Shores and camping

My 2020 Word of the Year is similar.  My word is Family.  Why?  2020 is the year we are planning our big trip to the Philippines to introduce the kiddos to their heritage and meet relatives they've never even known.  2020 may also bring the wedding of Lissie's godfather (date hasn't been determined, though).  I want my kids to know their family - not just me and Justin or even Lolo and Lola, but the huge extended family that I know and don't get to reconnect with often.  And, with the continuation of our monthly family experiences, we will continue to make the memories that I also long to create!

Happy Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Two + Two = Us | Blogger Template by Enny Law