Monday, May 9, 2011

First Mother's Day

I vividly remember last year's Mother's Day. Justin and I were sitting in Mass when the priest gave a special blessing to all of the mothers. I recall whispering in Justin's ear, "Next year on Mother's Day, we're either going to have a baby or I'm going to be pregnant."

Fast forward one year.

Justin and I are joined at Mass by our daughter, Lissie. I received a special blessing, as well as a carnation from the Knights of Columbus. You bet I said my prayers of thanksgiving while I was there!

My first Mother's Day was wonderful. I woke up to a lovely arrangement of flowers, a beautiful pearl necklace, and a picture frame - one side had a picture of me and Lissie, the other side had a plaster mold of her footprints.



After Mass, Justin went to work while Lissie and I enjoyed a day that included browsing the booths at the Tennessee Craft Fair and a lovely stroll in the park. Justin joined us at Lolo and Lola's house for Mother's Day dinner.

Oh, and Lissie's final Mother's Day gift? Sleeping for 6 and a half hours - her longest stretch ever!

I am blessed to have joined the ranks of motherhood. I can't wait to continue the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Two + Two = Us | Blogger Template by Enny Law