Thursday, May 26, 2011

Justin's 30!

Back in September, Justin went all out for my 30th birthday since we knew it would be my last childless birthday. Once his birthday started peeping around the corner, Justin expressed a slight sense of sadness since he didn't get to fully enjoy his last childless birthday (only because we didn't know then that it would be his last!).

So I wanted to make it super special.

I initially wanted to do a weekend getaway at a bed & breakfast a few hours away, but since I could barely leave Lissie with my parents to go to a hockey game for a few hours, I knew my mind wouldn't relax enough to enjoy the trip.

So we did the next best thing. Date night at a new and fabulous Brazilian Steakhouse:



Followed by a stay at Opryland Hotel! We still got to enjoy a night without Lissie (thanks, Lolo and Lola), but it was close enough that my mind was at ease.



Of course, this all occurred before his actual birthday, so on his special day we celebrated as a family.

First, Lissie gave Daddy her gift:



Then we went on a lovely stroll at Centennial Park:



We ended the day taking funny pictures at Dragon Park:




And eating a delightful meal at The Dog:



No, we did not eat the baby...but we did take a few bites of her cheeks.

Of course, his birthday didn't end there. We also celebrated with the Lolos and Lola a few days later by eating a family meal at Maggiano's. Yum!

So, as you can see, Justin's birthday turned out to be pretty awesome, even with a baby in the mix!

Happy 30th, Justin - we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Two + Two = Us | Blogger Template by Enny Law