Friday, November 12, 2010

Officially a SAHM....eek!

Even though I knew in my heart of hearts what I was going to do after Baby Girl Y arrives, I didn't want to make it official. Not just yet. I. Love. My. Job. I love where I work, and I love what I do. I didn't want to have to choose between work or Baby Girl Y. I want BOTH.

Oh, but, the case for staying at home with Baby Girl Y ultimately won me over, as I always knew it inevitably would...I just didn't want to say it out loud. Because when I did, I knew that work would never be the same again.

What do I mean? My boss is fabulous, yet he is also very practical. Last year, when a fellow teacher announced she intended to stay at home, he very quickly turned things around and started the interview process for her replacement.

I knew, though, that it was only fair to tell him sooner rather than later of my decision. I wanted to do it before the craziness of the holidays came up because I didn't want to put additional pressure during that time....and if I waited until afterwards, well, that's a little too late. I kept putting it off, though, wanting to wait until another doctor's appointment to confirm that all was healthy with My Baby Girl. Well, that appointment happened earlier this week...

So I did it. Yesterday. And it was difficult. I cried (see previous post about me being an emotional wreck anyway). But, in the end, though, I'm relieved. I know that I'm doing what's best for me and my brand-new family. It'll be an adjustment, but I think it'll be all right. Will prayers be needed? Absolutely. But I have faith that I'm doing what's meant to be done.

So, assuming that the tentative date of our scheduled c-section remains March 9th, 2011, I'll be a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM) starting March 7th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Two + Two = Us | Blogger Template by Enny Law